Alright fellow Beast-iacs, I have questions.
Disclaimer: I am fully aware there are many different version of the fairy-tale (including the original). I have read/seen at least 5 different versions. This post relates to the newest version starring the always wonderful Emma Watson.
Spoiler Alert: This post (and the comments, hopefully) may contain spoilers. If you are slower than a mother-of-two whose life is consumed by hockey and you haven’t yet seen the movie, read at your own risk.
Having (finally) watched the new movie, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I loved the changes to include some background story we have never had before. I loved the new songs. I also fully believe Dan Stevens (the Beast) stole the show more than I expected. This version found a nice way to tie up a few of the small plot holes the previous cartoon left open. But there are a few more. Let’s see if you have theories for these ones:
- What is his name? I mean, C’mon. I get he was Prince…but Prince who? Help me.
- If his father and mother are dead…isn’t he the King now?
- When the enchantress casts her spell, rendering the castle invisible and forcing the townspeople to forget about them, what kind of government did they have? Clearly they “forgot” about their monarchy…
- More importantly, when the two worlds recombine at the end of the spell which form of government took over?
- Why did this lady choose to also ensnare the people working in the castle? She easily could’ve let them run home (like the townspeople) and forget. I’m especially thinking Chip Potts, who obviously had a father nearby. Couldn’t he have gone home with dear old Dad and been saved from the spell?
- What timeline are we talking for this spell? Everyone recognized everyone else at the end. This makes sense for the people under the spell, which we know didn’t change, but does that mean the townspeople also didn’t change?
Comment and help with those theories, folks!